Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Told ya so.

I dont't know why my doctors can't just call a spade a spade. I have told my doctor that this is a blighted ovum since day 1 and he is still saying that from his end, everything looks good (in terms of hormone levels). Nevermind that I have no symptoms, even the fatigue has gone away and now I AM SPOTTING. Pink spotting, not that the color matters. Spotting is spotting. Of course, my doctor's reasoning behind the spotting is because my dose of Lovenox is too high. I respectfully disagree. So much so that I ordered take-out sushi and had a glass of wine. (I only did this because I am 150% certain that this is in fact a blighted ovum- I don't recommend this for people who just "think" it might be over but have no concrete evidence). This is my 6th documented pregnancy (technically 7th, but 1st loss was not documented). This will be my 5th loss (technically 6th), so I think I know a little more about loss than most people I know. I can actually tell the difference between a regular miscarriage and a blighted ovum. How sad is that?? I would go as far as to say that I am an "expert" on miscarriage. This is not anything I ever wanted to be an expert at, believe me.

I haven't told many people, especially not my parents, about this one but as soon as someone talks about how I will probably get pregnant easily now that I had my son I will have to say something snotty and rude. Do people really think that just because you had one success in 6 attempts that all further attempts will be successful??? Has anyone ever taken a statistics course?? WTF?

So, for anyone who may actually be following this I will update again as soon as I can. I have a ridiculously long day at work tomorrow. I anticipate just a little more spotting and then hopefully the bleeding will hold off until the weekend. Jury is still out on whether I will need a D&C. I am REALLY not up for that. Not that it matters what I feel up for. It certainly hasn't mattered at all in the past 7 years. Whenever I start to get sad about this loss, I give my son a big hug and kiss and I do remember how much less distressing this is than it used to be before he arrived. I am very saddened by the fact that he will not have a sibling, but there certainly could be worse things...

No comments:

Post a Comment