Wednesday, November 16, 2011

A real live update

It's alive. I went in this afternoon and didn't even have my husband or son join me in the ultrasound room because I figured that there would be nothing to see. At first I saw the empty sac, but then my doctor maneuvered around a bit and I could see something. If I held my breath I could see the flicker of a heartbeat. It was beautiful even though it looked slow to me. He measured me at 5w6d and the heart rate was in the 90s. He said it looked fine. I hope he is right. I am a bit concerned (okay, a LOT concerned) because my progesterone level has dropped. It started at 27, two days later it was at 25 and now a week later it is down to 20. My doctor was not as concerned as I was, but was nice enough to tell me that I could take progesterone if I wanted to. Yes, I want to. I canceled my intralipid infusion, but may consider rescheduling. I kind-of wanted to wait to see if there would be a heartbeat next week before spending the $250 out of pocket. I guess we'll see. I still don't have a ton of symptoms, which also has me worried. I hate to worry through another entire pregnancy. At least for the moment I am pregnant and the baby is truly alive. Will update more later...

No comments:

Post a Comment