Saturday, November 12, 2011

Cue spotting

Wow, previous history is spot on (no pun intended). I woke up feeling less pregnant than you can possibly feel and after walking over to my favorite breakfast spot and stopping to chat with our favorite neighbors on the way back, the spotting started. Finally brown and stringy, which is the precursor to either clots or red bleeding. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed that I can avoid a D&C. I hate to be the bearer of bad news to anyone who might come across this searching for some story about brown spotting being ok, but brown spotting (for me at least) has ALWAYS meant miscarriage. The only spotting I had with my one live born child was pink, never brown. Brown is just not good no matter what anyone says, especially not the brown stringy spotting. I am just being honest. So, the good news is that I will be able to have my xrays done at the dentist's office on Monday after all. The better news is that I will save $250 on the intralipid infusion that should have been done on Wednesday. Whew. The bad news is that the whole thing is still just very sad. I am glad I was at least able to spend some time with this little one (who I know was a girl) while she was here. I will buy myself a little treasure to remember her by. I have a beautiful diamond ring with 3 diamonds for each of my first three losses, plus 6 tiny diamonds for each year of trying. I bought a gorgeous sweater for miscarriage #4 (the one where my hcg topped out at 10) and now I need to find something beautiful to honor this little one. Maybe some earrings or a pretty bracelet. I will have to look around. I am glad that I at least get to spend the day with my live little one. One smile from him helps me forget everything else. I will update more when bleeding is in full swing...

No comments:

Post a Comment