Sunday, July 17, 2011

Former ghost blog

Wow. I just found out that my blog has turned in to a "ghost blog," which is basically a blog that someone abandons without saying goodbye. I have always run into blogs like this throughout my infertility journey and they have always driven me nuts! I hate not knowing how things turn out for someone. I need closure! So, imagine how I felt when I realized that I had become one of THOSE bloggers. I hope that I did not leave anyone hanging! It would be like me missing the finale of "Big Brother" after watching every episode leading up to it. I would be annoyed. Now, I do have two reasons that I feel are valid for accidentally turning this into a ghost blog:

1. I had absolutely NO idea that anyone had EVER read my blog. When I first started this blog, I couldn't figure out how to track the number of visitors so I just assumed that since nobody left comments it meant that nobody was reading it. (Kinda makes you wonder how I earned a Master's Degree...). I don't know where I got the assumption that my blog was not seen, since I have read a million infertility blogs and never once left a comment.

2. At the time I stopped blogging, I figured that it would only be a monthlong hiatus. I was pregnant and convinced that if I posted anything about my pregnancy, it would disappear. I think that anyone who has dealt with infertility and recurrent pregnancy loss will understand that statement even though it sounds completely nuts.

Assuming that anyone has read this before and has waited for an update, I would like to give you one, however I still have that "infertile superstition" and am afraid if I update, something bad will happen. I was never superstitious before infertility, but once I entered the world of infertility I started become perpetually afraid of "jinxing" something. It became borderline OCD.

I promise I will be posting more in the next couple of months for anyone who is interested. I hope that this post will erase my status as a "ghost blogger." I still feel like I am just talking to myself, so please leave a comment if you have anything you would like to say (my mom always said that "if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all") or have any questions for me. I have learned A LOT (of things I didn't want to ever know) over the past 7 years about infertility...

No comments:

Post a Comment