Sunday, January 3, 2010

I think this is finally it...

I think that this is the official last day of this pregnancy. I am sad, but I will be relieved when this whole ordeal is over. I had only had a little bit of brown spotting after visiting the ER the other night, but today I had some red spotting. That is usually the official beginning of the end. I know that hearing it from the nurse or doctor will make it more real so I am dreading that, but at least my husband will be with me at the appointment. I already took the entire day off work and I may even take Tuesday depending on how I am feeling. I am still hoping to do this naturally, but I am supposed to be flying to WI to surprise my mom for her 71st birthday in 12 days and I want this to be over before then.

On a happier note (sort-of), I did find the ring that I plan to buy to honor my 3 little babies. It is a beautiful Tiffany ring that is just a silver band with three .05 carat diamonds. It is platinum, but I want to see if they can make it with white gold instead since that would probably cut the cost in half. I just want this ring to be special.

One of my good friends is a psychiatrist, so she has been encouraging me to get out and do things and not lay at home in bed not eating. She took me out to a movie the other night and then today she brought over a casserole. That is the sweetest thing anyone has done for me after these miscarriages. I also took her advice and went out to dinner last night. It sucked ordering a virgin margarita, but at that point I still had that little voice in my head saying, "You never know...". That damn voice is still there, but I think I have beaten it to a whisper finally. It should be gone by tomorrow.

I am just looking forward to that glass of wine tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment